Tuesday, January 20, 2009

I hope you enjoy the throwbacks

I've never posted lyrics to my songs, let alone new songs that haven't been recorded before, but I just feel the need get this out there.  It's a Good For Nothing song in the making.   It's called "I hope you enjoy the throwbacks". 

I can't pray anymore
I've forgotten just what I was fighting for
my life is feast or famine
nothing's gonna happen from folding my hands and singing to the sky

I've lost my faith in humankind
I don't think everything is gonna turn out just fine
I wanna start something, but I don't know one thing
about leading a revolution.

I know that I am lost.
Pull over to the nearest gas station, 
I need to ask someone for directions.
But when we find a way
to get us through these days, 
we'll be happy for the imperfections
'cuz that's what makes it worth breathing

This whole world is goin to shit
and we're stuck here right in the middle of it
and as the world crumbles around us, 
we're lookin' for something solid to ground us.

Well maybe it's this guitar or maybe it's this bottle
that I've been holdin' so tight.
Or the letters you wrote or the tapes that you made
or the way that you looked in the backseat that one night

Well I am well aware
That we're not goin' anywhere.
We've been running as fast as we can, 
but now we're right back where we began. 
But when we find a way
to get us through these days,
we'll be happy for the imperfections
'cuz that's what makes it worth breathing.

No comments: