Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Crazy Cabbie

So this dude picks me up from work. First sign I don't like him: He has a very long, black/white beard and he only seemed by be in his 20's... it looked like he dyed it. Second: There's a guy riding shotgun. Why is there a guy riding shotgun??? This made me uncomfortable, but it was raining and I didn't wanna wait for another one. Then I tell him to take me to 9th and Washington, then on to 4th & Dickinson AKA my house. When we stop at 9th and Washington and I'm about to go into the little bodega (that I call Pounder's Jr.'s, which is a looong story, but basically, they sell 6 packs of pounders) to get, well... 6-packs. He asks, "Are you going to purchase some sort of alcohol?" "Of course" I answer. "Well then I cannot take you any farther... I cannot let you back in the cab." I stared at him dumbfounded. "It is against my policies to allow it." I guess he was Muslim or sumthin, but seriously, people. So I had to get out. I never got the answer as to why his buddy was also in my cab... and i guess I never will.

In other news, I bought the Riches Season 2 on DVD and wow! What a fuckin crap factory. Not the episodes themselves, they are great. But the DVD and the handling of it sux. I didn't realize the show got cancelled mid-season and never gets a chance to end. Episode 7 ends just like any normal episode and then that's it... it's just over. I never get to find out what happens to the Malloys. Daliah's on the verge of being a drug addict/cheating on Wayne w/ her parole officer. Cael is in the Traveler tent city with Quinn, Wayne is trying to scheme $13 million out of this real estate devlopment deal designed to screw post-Katrina New Orleans, Hue is running for mayor, Dale is in a fuckin neck brace and Sam is a cross dressing 9 yr old about to find his 1st girlfriend and then it just fuckin ENDED?!?!?!?! I love FX, but I can't believe they've done this to me. Also they put the DVD's out so cheaply, they are double sided discs with no bonus features so they could fit 7 hrs on 2 discs. Assholes.

I'm half-way thru "Taken" as I write this and I gotta say, it's pretty good. Liam Neeson is a bad ass. Also I Love You, Man was hilarious!! Go see it if you haven't Paul Rudd and Jason Segal are both stellar.

No comments: