Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Enjoy the List.

These are not necessarily my top 50 favorite albums, but these are the albums that have had a great impact on my life. I have memories of these. I can place myself in a specific place and time where all of these were at somepoint the soundtrack to my life. Cases in points: Grade school sitting in Tom Altomari's house where I first started discovering cool music: Sublime, G'NR, Lagwagon, Offspring. Sitting in my room doing homework every day: Joel, Petty, Clapton, RHCP, Metallica. Walking to and from Judge with my Discman: MxPx, Midtwon, Green Day, Blink, NFG. Working at Rosewood Caterers washing dishes sucked except for a few reasons: A. They let us drink at the bar at the end of our shift when we were 16 and B. they let the dishwashers control the radio. We're talking Bad Religion, AFI, the Clash and Weezer EVERY night. I can even remember the day I bought/acquired certain CD's. NFG was at a mall with my friend Timmy Smink. He bought a NBA video game and I bought New Found Glory-s/t. How appropriate. Wu-Tang I remember sitting at my parents old hi-fi (which is not sitting in my room) dubbing a tape from the original copy i think Mike Eaton had let me borrow. I had to do it quick before my parents found out I was listening to rap music so I used that option where it would go really fast and make Method and the RZA sound like chipmunks. I remember having a CD burning party at Anth's house when I was like a junior in high school along with Dave. I got Can't Slow Down and so many other choice CD's which I'm failing to remember right now. Enema of the State I got cuz down the shore me and my buddy Tom Alto (again) went to a record store and he bought it...I bought No Pigeons, a spoof single of No Scrubs by TLC (which i STILL contest is a hilariously awesome song!). Listening to them on the way back home we traded and after hearing it I went out the next day and bought it. Dude Ranch came in the mail with a Columbia House order and I had to sneak and get it before my parents realized I just bought an album with balls on the cover. Eminem me and Nick Coco went to the Tower Records on the Blvd. with a fake note from his dad, cuz we had heard if you don't have a note from a parent, they wouldn't let you buy it!! Ok, I'm going on for a long time, enjoy the list.

Blink 182 - Dude Ranch
The Clash - London Calling
AFI - Dark Sails in the Sunset
Against Me! - Reinventing Axl Rose
Billy Joel - Turnstiles
Rancid - ...And Out Come the Wolves
Red Hot Chili Peppers - Californication
Paint it Black - Paradise
MxPx - The Ever Passing Moment
Bouncing Souls - How I Spent My Summer Vacation
Sublime - Sublime
The Loved Ones - Keep Your Heart
Weezer - Weezer (Blue Album)
Less Than Jake - Hello Rockview
Kid Dynamite - Shorter, Faster, Louder
NOFX - White Trash, Two Heebs and a Bean
Bad Religion - The Process of Belief
Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers - Greatest Hits
New Found Glory - New Found Glory
Saves the Day - Can't Slow Down/Through Being Cool (tie)
The Postal Service - Give Up
The Lawrence Arms - Oh! Calcutta!
Joe Strummer & the Mescaleros - Streetcore
Bayside - Bayside
Descendents - Milo Goes to College
Rancid - Life Won't Wait
Andrew W.K. - I Get Wet
Bouncing Souls - Hopeless Romantic
Hot Water Music - A Flight and A Crash
Eric Clapton - The Cream of Clapton
Offspring - Smash
No Doubt - Tragic Kingdom
The Ataris - Blue Skies, Broken Hearts... Next 12 Exits
Wu-Tang Clan - Enter the Wu-Tang: 36 Chambers
Alkaline Trio - From Here to Infirmary
None More Black - Loud About Loathing EP
Lagwagon - Double Plaidinum
Midtown - Living Well Is the Best Revenge
Lifetime - Jersey's Best Dancers
Third Eye Blind - Third Eye Blind
The Explosion - Flash Flash Flash
Blink-182 - Enema of the State
Pennywise - Land of the Free?
Eminem - The Slim Shady LP
Rufio - Perhaps, I Suppose...
Anti-Flag - A New Kind of Army
Weezer - Pinkerton
Catch-22 - Keasby Nights
Strike Anywhere - Exit English
Thursday - Full Collapse
Guns 'N Roses - Use Your Illusion I & II

Even more honorable mentions: Mettalica - S/t and Green Day - Dookie. How can I deny those two their moment to shine??

No comments: